There has been a Baptist Church in the village since 1786 and the church has played a key role in Earls Colne history. At first, the congregation met in two converted cottages. In 1796 the first Baptist Church in Earls Colne was built, then in 1818 a larger one was erected. As the church grew larger, the present building was commissioned and completed in 1861. At the time it was the largest Baptist Church in Essex! The church has had a number of ministers over the years, pioneering new initiatives to better serve the village of Earls Colne and support the Baptist congregation here.
Over the last few years, as Earls Colne has grown as a village, the church too has adapted. During the week the church is used as a play school centre, whilst on Thursdays the church runs it's own chatterbox mums and toddler group.